HOW TO WRITE A STORY (3º ESO)
video on how to write a story
- We are going to watch a short video on how to write a story. 1. After watching it, in pairs, reflect on the steps to be followed to write a story. 2. Then, tell the teacher about your partner's opinions/ideas.
- WHOLE-CLASS ACTIVITY: aloud, we are going to read some useful info. After reading it, the teacher will give you some time to reflect, in pairs, about the following questions: 1. How many parts does a story usually contain? 2. What should you include in each of the different parts? 3. Can you name 3 time and sequence linkers? 4. Can you name 3 linkers for dramatic effect? 5. What is Reported Speech used for?
- WHOLE-CLASS ACTIVITY: following the steps we have learnt so far, we are going to write, together, a story that begins... 'It was a quiet morning, but suddenly...'
on how to write a story
- Now, we are going to divide the class into groups made up of 5 students.
- Once you have written your - story, each group must illustrate it using the app STORYBIRD. - Let's have a look at some examples! https://storybird.com/read/
- Each group has to write their own story (the teacher will provide the groups with a suitable title or beginning if they cannot think of one). - Remember all the elements a good story should contain!
- Each group has to give an oral presentation using their digital story (= you have to read it aloud to the rest of the class) - Each and every member of the group must take part in the presentation!
- The students will be given a GROUP MARK (story + digital story)... - ...as well as an INDIVIDUAL MARK (performance during the oral presentation)
group + individual
of the digital story