- We are going to watch a short video on how to write a story.
1. After watching it, in pairs, reflect on the steps to be followed to write a story.
2. Then, tell the teacher about your partner's opinions/ideas.
- WHOLE-CLASS ACTIVITY: aloud, we are going to read some useful info. After reading it, the teacher will give you some time to reflect, in pairs, about the following questions:
1. How many parts does a story usually contain?
2. What should you include in each of the different parts?
3. Can you name 3 time and sequence linkers?
4. Can you name 3 linkers for dramatic effect?
5. What is Reported Speech used for?
- WHOLE-CLASS ACTIVITY: following the steps we have learnt so far, we are going to write, together, a story that begins...
'It was a quiet morning, but suddenly...'
- Once you have written your - story, each group must illustrate it using the app STORYBIRD.
- Let's have a look at some examples!